Organization: Network for Business Sustainability
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Officer
Location: London, Ontario
Deadline to Apply: August 27, 2020
The Network for Business Sustainability is hiring a Marketing and Communications Officer! Please consider joining our team!
A few quick items: NBS is located in London, Ontario (Ivey Business School, Western University), but the team works virtually. The candidate must have a Canadian work permit. The position is up to 25 hours/ week. Applications are due August 27, with a September start date…
Full details are below. You will apply through the Western University jobs site; go to the general jobs site and search for Job ID 20427.
Hourly Rate: $29.00 to $37.00; Salary will be commensurate with experience.
With questions about the position, please contact Maya Fischhoff: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who you are:
You are a skilled communicator, who can deploy a range of communications technologies to reach business audiences. You are comfortable analyzing data to assess the effectiveness of your communications activities and adjusting your approach accordingly. You understand how business executives think and can communicate and partner with them. You are independent, entrepreneurial, and creative, and are motivated by clear goals.
You are excited about joining the small agile team at the Network for Business Sustainability (NBS, https://www.nbs.net/), housed at the Ivey Business School. NBS brings researchers and managers together to co-create knowledge and solutions that will make business more sustainable. It then mobilizes that knowledge digitally to support business leaders in their sustainable actions. More than 33,000 business leaders, researchers and students from around the world contribute to and follow our work. We also facilitate a community of 170+ sustainability research centres in business schools around the world.
What you’ll do:
• Recommend, design and execute NBS outreach activities, based on user data and trends in digital media. Suggest new activities and discard ineffective ones. This requires you to be creative and disciplined in prioritizing, to ensure limited team resources are spent on only the highest potential ideas.
• Use social media and other influencer outreach strategies to amplify the impact of NBS content.
• Optimize search engine performance and user experience on the website.
• Work with the team to scope recommended activities to fit team resource constraints.
• Work with contractors to maintain and enhance the NBS website.
• Collect metrics that effectively measure impact of digital engagement activities. Suggest improvements to impact assessment, as needed.
What you’ll have:
You will be able to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to establish and refine the strategies that drive traffic to our content.
Education and Experience:
• College or university program related to communications, marketing or related field
• Several years of experience in a digital communication agency or equivalent
• Work in sustainability area is a plus
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong understanding of digital communication strategy (including community management strategy)
• Deep knowledge of digital communications technologies
• Strong understanding of SEO\SEA
• Analytics (GA, Search Engine etc.)
• Squarespace maintenance (Basic understanding of HTML, a plus)
• Basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop/illustrator/InDesign or equivalent
• A creative mind and a strategic vision (understand best practices for assessing the impact of digital outreach)
• Work autonomously with a great capacity for initiative
• Resourcefulness with a “problem-solving” orientation
• Excellent prioritizing and time management skills
• A keen eye for design
• Effective writing skills and strong verbal communication skills
• Function well in virtual distributed teams
• An interest in sustainability
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
NBS works on the world’s most challenging issues — the “grand challenges” facing humanity. Your expertise will make a difference on these issues. You will have the opportunity to lead NBS communication efforts, and your skills will be valued by our supportive, close-knit team. You will connect with leading thinkers and doers around the world, in the spheres of business, academia, and the public sector. NBS embraces virtual teamwork and flexible working hours to accommodate people who must work within constraints.
Location : NBS is based in London, Canada, however position can be done remotely.
Position type: One-year, part-time contract, up to 25 hours per week with a strong possibility of renewal. Hours are flexible although sometimes the work is time sensitive.
Organization: City of Mississauga
Job Title: Chief of Staff, Mayor’s Office
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Deadline to Apply: September 4, 2020
Click here for more info on their website, or view the job description below.
The Chief of Staff provides strategic advice and counsel to the Mayor, ensuring she is fully briefed on all city matters. Responsible for developing and enacting the Mayor’s public policy agenda, the Chief of Staff works strategically across the corporation and externally to advance key priorities and initiatives. With a team of four direct reports, the Chief of Staff creates policy briefings in collaboration with the City Manager’s Office and the Offices of the Commissioners. The Chief of Staff oversees the drafting of communications materials and organizing of special events, community meetings, and speaks on the Mayor’s behalf where and when necessary. Liaising with senior leadership of other municipalities, and government officials at the federal and provincial governments to advance the collective agenda of cities is an important component of the role.
The ideal candidate has more than seven years of experience working in a political environment, anticipating and proactively developing policy and advising elected officials. A strong understanding of municipal government and best practices in communications and intergovernmental relations are essential. You’ve worked directly on community engagement initiatives, bringing together stakeholders to build a more collaborative process. You’ve proven your ability to manage a team, a budget, and build cross-jurisdictional relationships. You are detail oriented, able to handle multiple projects/priorities, and work well under pressure. Known for your relationship building skills and ability to quickly distill, analyze and present information to aid in decision-making, you are ready to be a trusted advisor to a world-class city.
Have a job to post? Click here for info on how to get it displayed on our site.