The vast majority of IABC members are professional members. IABC membership runs for 12 months and will be processed upon receipt of full payment and application to IABC world headquarters.
New/lapsed members: $354
Fees are broken down as follows:
- $254 International dues
- $40 Chapter dues
- $20 Region dues
- $40 Application fee for new members
Membership application and payment can be completed online by credit card or by downloading the application form, payable by cheque.
IABC membership belongs to the member, even if the employer paid for it. If the employer pays for the membership and the member moves to another employer, the member retains IABC membership for the duration of the year and can renew without paying a reinstatement fee.
Corporate packages offer discounts where a number of employees from the same organization with to join.
Platinum Package (for 75+ employees)
Gold Package (for 31-74 employees)
Silver Package (for 16-30 employees)
Bronze Package (for 5-15 employees)
For information on Corporate Membership rates throughout Halton, Hamilton, Niagara, Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student memberships, charged at a significantly discounted rate, are available to full-time students of colleges, universities and other educational institutions, as well as part-time students working toward a degree, or a certificate program in Canada, who are not presently working in the communication profession. For student members, the regular application fee is waived, and the student pays just $49 USD.
Applicants will need to provide proof of enrollment, which can be one of the following:
- Dated letter from Registrar on letterhead of an accredited institution stating program name and year of study, receipt showing tuition payment stating institution, student name, program and date including year, or
- Transcript from accredited institution stating student name, program and date including year.
Professionals who have graduated from a degree program from an accredited institution in the last year are eligible for the student transition rate. For student transition members, the regular application fee is waived, and the student pays half of the international dues plus full region and chapter dues. Members can only have one year at the transitional rate. After one year they must then become professional members at the full professional rate.
Applicants will need to provide proof of degree conferral after enrolling, which can be one of the following:
- Dated letter from Registrar on letterhead of an accredited institution stating date of graduation and degree conferred, copy of diploma from accredited institution stating degree and date conferred, or
- Transcript from accredited institution stating graduation date and degree conferred.